06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð
    Êã ÔßÑå 0 ãÑÉ Ýí 0 ãÔÇÑßÉ

ÑÏ: ãÕØáÍÇÊ ÇäÌáíÒíå ãÚ ÇáÊÑÌãå

birds of a feather (flock together
    äÞÑå áÊßÈíÑ Ãæ ÊÕÛíÑ ÇáÕæÑÉ æäÞÑÊíä áÚÑÖ ÇáÕæÑÉ Ýí ÕÝÍÉ ãÓÊÞáÉ ÈÍÌãåÇ ÇáØÈíÚí
    Birds of a feather flock together means that people who are similar to each other often spend time together. Example: "Those guys work at the same company and go to the same bars. They do everything together." Reply: "Birds of a feather flock together."

We know that birds are of the same type when they have the same feathers; they are of a feather. Birds flock when they join together in groups with other birds. Just as birds "of a feather" often flock with other birds of the same "feather", so do people who are like each other spend time together. Example: "Are Timmy and his friends going to that same bar again?" Reply: "Sure they are. Birds of a feather flock together."

People ("birds") who are similar to each other ("of a feather") often spend time ("flock") with each other ("together"). Example: "Look. The volleyball players are eating together at the same table again, as always." Reply: "Birds of a feather
    flock together.
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÊÚäì Çä ÇáäÇÓ ÇáÐíä íÔÈåæä ÈÚÖåã ÏÇÆãÇ íÞÖæä æÞÊåã ãÚ ÈÚÖåã
    Çæ ÈÇáãÚäì ÇáÚÑÈì ÊÈÚäÇ(ÇáØíæÑ Úáì ÇÔßÇáåÇ ÊÞÚ)
    ãËÇá
    Those guys work at the same company and go to the same bars. They do everything together."
    åÄáÇÁ ÇáÔÈÇÈ íÚãáæä Ýì ÔÑßå æÇÍÏå æíÞÖæä ÇÑÞÇÊåã Ýì ÇãÇßä æÇÍÏå æíÝÚáæä ßá ÔíÁ ãÚ ÈÚÖåã
    ÇáÌæÇÈ åäÇ íßæä ÈÌãáÉ
    Birds of a feather flock together."
    äÍä äÚáã Çä ÇáØíæÑ ÇáÊì áåÇ ÇÔßÇá ÑíÔ ãÊÔÇÈåå íßæäæÇ ãä äæÚ æÇÍÏ
    äÔÈååã åäÇ ÈÇáÇÔÎÇÕ ÇáÐíä áåã ÓãÇÊ æÇÍÏå ÝíßæäæÇ ãÊÔÇÈåíä
    Úáì ÓÈíá ÇáãËÇá åÐå ÇáÌãáå
    "Are Timmy and his friends going to that same bar again?"
    åá Êíäì æÇÕÏÞÇÄå íÐåÈæä Çáì äÝÓ ÇáãßÇä ãÑå ÇÎÑì¿
    ÇáÌæÇÈ åäÇ íßæä ÈäÝÓ ÇáÌãáå
    Birds of a feather flock together."
    æÇáãÚäì åäÇ Çäåã íÔÈåæä ÈÚÖåã æÊÕÑÝÇÊåã ãÊÔÇÈåå
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

ÇáÕæÑÉ ÇáÑãÒíÉ ãÇÌÏ ÇáÍÏÇÏí
    äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

out of the frying pan (and into the fire

To go out of the frying pan and into the fire

is to get out of one difficult situation only to end up in another. Example: "I worked too hard on that last project. But on this new project I am working even harder!" Reply: "Out of the frying pan and into the fire."

We sometimes want so much to get out of one difficult situation that we end up jumping into another that is even worse, going out of the frying pan and into the fire. Example: "Her ex-boyfriend was terrible, but this new one is even worse!" Reply: "Out of the frying pan and into the fire."

"The frying pan" is a very hot place to be because it is over "the fire". In a difficult situation, the first thing we want to do is get out of that situation. Example: "They think they work hard now. Wait and see how much harder they have to work after they graduate." Reply: "Out of the frying pan and into the fire."
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    åÐå ÇáÌãáå ãÚäÇåÇ Çä íÎÑÌ ãä ãÔßáå áíÏÎá ãÔßáå ÇÎÑì
    ãËÇá
    I worked too hard on that last project. But on this new project I am working even harder!"
    áÞÐ ÈÐáÊ ãÌåæÏ ßÈíÑ Ýì ÇáãÔÑæÚ ÇáÓÇÈÞ æáßä Ýì åÐÇ ÇáãÔÑæÚ ÇÈÐá ãÌåæÏ ÇßÈÑ
    æíßæä ÇáÑÏ åäÇ ÈåÐå ÇáÌãáå áíßæä ÇáãÚäì ÊÎÑÌ ãä Úãá ÔÇÞ áÊÏÎá Ýì ÇÎÑ
    Out of the frying pan and into the fire

Ýì ßËíÑ ãä ÇáÇæÞÇÊ äÈÐá ãÌåæÏ ßÈíÑ áäÎÑÌ ãä ãæÞÝ ãÚíä áäÌÏ ÇäÝÓäÇ Ýì ãæÞÝ ÇÎÑ ÇßËÑ ÕÚæÈå
    ÝäÞæá åÐå ÇáÌãáå Ýì ãËá åÐå ÇáãæÇÞÝ

åÐå ÇáßáãÇÊ ÊÏá Úáì ãÏì ÕÚæÈÉ ÇáãæÞÝ ÝÞÏ ÇÓÊÎÏã ßáãå ÇäÇÁ ãÛáì(frying pan) áíÏá Úáì ÔÏÉ ÇáãæÞÝ
    Ëã ÇÓÊÎÏã ßáãÉ ÇáäÇÑ(fire) áíÏá Úáì Çä ÇáãæÞÝ ÇáÊÇáì ÇßËÑ ÔÏå
    ãËÇá
    They think they work hard now. Wait and see how much harder they have to work after they graduate."
    Çäåã íÙäæä Çäåã íÚãáæä ÈÌÏ ÇáÇä æáßä ÇäÊÙÑáÊÑì ßã ÓíÚãáæä ÈÚÏ ÇáÊÎÑÌ
    Ýíßæä ÇáÑÏ åäÇ ÈåÐå ÇáÌãáå
    Out of the frying pan and into the fire
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"sink or swim"

"Sink or swim" is a situation where you will either fail or you will find a way to succeed. " Example: "Sales is not an easy job here. We give you two weeks training, then it's sink or swim." If you are thrown into the water, you will either sink to the bottom or you will swim to safety. You will either fail, or you will find a way to succeed, in a situation that is sink or swim. Example: "How do you interview new teachers here?" Reply: "We just put them in with the kids, and see how they do. It's sink or swim." Sink or swim" means that you will either succeed, or you will fail completely, at what you are trying to do.
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    "sink or swim"
    åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÊÚäì ÇãÇ Çä ÊÛÑÞ Çæ Çä ÊÚæã
    æÊÞÇá åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÇÐÇ ßäÊ Ýì ãæÞÝ ÇäÊ íÌÈ Úáíß Çä ÊÎÊÇÑ Ýíå Çä ÊäÌÍ Çæ ÊÝÔá
    ãËÇá
    Sales is not an easy job here. We give you two weeks training, then it's sink or swim."
    Çä æÙíÝÉ ÇáãÈíÚÇÊ áíÓÊ Óåáå ÝÇãÇãß ãåáå ÇÓÈæÚíä ÍÊì ÊÏÑÈ æÈÚÏ Ðáß ÇãÇ Çä ÊäÌÍ Çæ ÊÝÔá
    ÝãÚäì åÐå ÇáÌãáå Ýì Çäß ÇÐÇ ßäÊ Ýì ÇáãÇÁ ÝÇãÇ Çä ÊÚæã æÊäÌæ Çæ Çä ÊÛÑÞ Ýì ÇáÞÇÚ
    ÝÇäß ÓÊäÌæ ÇÐÇ æÌÏÊ ÇáØÑíÞ ÇáÕÍíÍ áÊäÌÍ
    ãËÇá
    How do you interview new teachers here?"
    ßíÝ ÊÎÊÈÑæä ÇáãÏÑÓæä ÇáÌÏíÏ¿
    ÇáÌæÇÈ íßæä
    "We just put them in with the kids, and see how they do. It's sink or swim." Sink or swim
    ÝäÍä äÌÚáã ãÚ ÇáÇØÝÇá æÇáÕÛÇÑ áäÑæ ãÇÐÇ ÓíÝÚáæä æÇãÇ Çä íäÌÍæÇ Çæ íÝÔáæÇ
    æáÐáß ÊÓÊÎÏã åÐå ÇáÌãáå áÊÏá Úáì Çä ÇáãæÞÝ íÍÊã Úáíß Çä ÊäÌÍ Çæ ÊÝÔá ÝäÞæá
    It's sink or swim
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"over my dead body"

When you absolutely will not allow a person to do something you might say "over my dead body." The [literal] meaning is that you will stand in the way of that person and only if they kill you and walk over your dead body will they be able to do what they want. Example: "You kids are not going out in the cold without your jackets! Not over my dead body!" Parents say "over my dead body" often because they are in a position of authority and they are much bigger than their children. Example: "All of my friends are going out to the lake tonight and I'm going too!" Answer: "Over my dead body you are!"

ÇáÊÑÌãå
    "over my dead body"
    ÊÓÊÎÏã åÐå ÇáÌãáå Ííä ÊÑíÊ ÇáÊÚÈíÑ ÈÇäß áä ÊÓãÍ áÔÎÕ ãÇ ãØáÞÇ ÈÝÛá ÔíìÁ ãÇ
    ãËÇá
    "You kids are not going out in the cold without your jackets!

Not over my dead body!"

áä íÎÑÌ ÇáÇØÝÇá ÈÏæä ãÚÇØÝ Ýì ÇáÈÑÏ åÐÇ Úáì ÌËÊì
    ÏÇÆãÇ íÓÊÎÏã ÇáÇÈÇÁ åÐå ÇáÌãáå áÇäåã Ýì ãæÞÝ ÓáØå æáÇäåã ÇÞæì ãä ÇØÝÇáåã
    ãËÇá"

All of my friends are going out to the lake tonight and I'm going too

ßá ÇÕÏÞÇÆì ÓíÎÑÌæä Çáíæã
    Çáì ÇáÈÍíÑå ÓÇÐåÈ ãÚåã

ÇáÇÌÇÈå Êßæä
    : "Over my dead body you are!"

ÓÊÐåÈ Úáì ÌËÊì
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"finding your feet"
    You are "finding your feet" when you are learning what to do and becoming more comfortable acting in a certain type of situation. Example: "I've only been at this job for a few months. I'm just finding my feet." It takes time to find your feet, because you need to learn what to do and become comfortable doing it. Example: "I was at that job for over a year before I really found my feet." You have gained the needed skills and are performing your job well, once you have found your feet. Example: "Don't worry about it. We will help you out until you find your feet."

ÇáÊÑÌãå
    "finding your feet"
    ÇáãÚäì ÇáÍÑÝì áåÐå ÇáÌãáå åæ (Çä ÊÌÏ ÞÏãíß)
    æåæ Ìãáå ÊÔÈå ãÞæáå ÚÑÈíå æåì (Çä ÊÞÝ Úáì ÞÏãíß)
    ÊÞÇá åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÚäÏãÇ Êßæä ÊÚáãÊ ãÇ ÊÝÚáå ÍÊì ÊÌíÏå ÊãÇãÇ æíÕÈÍ ÚãáÇ ãÑíÍÇ áß
    ãËÇá

: "

I've only been at this job for a few months. I'm just finding my feet."

áÞÏ ÇÔÊÛáÊ Ýì åÐå ÇáæÙíÝå áÔåæÑ Þáíáå ÍÊì ÈÏÇÊ Çä ÇÞÝ Úáì ÞÏãì(Çì ÇÌíÏ ÇáÚãá æÇÊÞäå)

ÊÞÇá åÐå ÇáÌãáå ãÚ ÝÊÑå Òãäíå áÇä ÇáÊÚáã íÊØáÈ æÞÊÇ ÍÊì äÓÊØíÚ ÇáÞæá ÈÇääÇ æÞÝäÇ Úáì ÞÏãíäÇ
    ãËÇá
    "I was at that job for over a year before I really found my feet."
    áÞÏ ÇÔÊÛáÊ Ýì åÐÇ ÇáÚãá áãÏÉ ÚÇã ÞÈá Çä ÇÞÝ Úáì ÞÏãì Ýì ÇáÚãá(Çì Çä ÇÌíÏ ÇáÚãá æÇÊÞäå)
    ÚäÏ ÇÊÞÇä ÇáÚãá æÇáÊÇßÏ ãä Ðáß ÝÇäß Êßæä ÇßÊÓÈÊ ãåÇÑÇÊ ßËíÑå ãä åÐå ÇáÚãá ÍÊì ÊÓÊØíÚ ÇÊÞÇäå
    ãËÇá"

Don't worry about it. We will help you out until you find your feet."

áÇ ÊÞáÞ ÝÓæÝ äÓÇÚÏß ÍÊì ÊÓÊØíÚ ÇáæÞæÝ Úáì ÞÏãíß
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"lost his head"

You lose your head when you get upset and lose control of your actions. Example: "I got so angry yesterday. I completely lost my head." Example: "I'm really sorry about what I did. I lost my head."

You are overcome by emotions (especially anger) and lose control of your actions when you lose your head. Example: "Okay, I'll tell you what happened. But first promise that you won't lose your head."

A person who loses his head is not in control of his actions because is not thinking clearly. Example: "He lost his head, so they threw him out of the game."

ÇáÊÑÌãå
    "lost his head"
    ÇáãÚäì ÇáÍÑÝì áåÐå ÇáÌãáå åæ ÝÞÏ ÚÞáå
    ÊÞÇá åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÚäÏãÇ íÊÖÇíÞ ÇáÔÎÕ æíÝÞÏ ÇáÓíØÑå Úáì ÊÕÑÝÇÊå
    ãËÇá

I got so angry yesterday. I completely

lost my head."
    áÞÏ ÛÖÈÊ ÌÏÇ ÈÇáÇãÓ áÞÏ ÝÞÏÊ ÚÞáì ÊãÇãÇ
    æãËÇá ÇÎÑ
    : "I'm really sorry about what I did.

I lost my head."
    ÇäÇ ÝÚáÇ ÇÓÝ áãÇ ÝÚáÊ áÞÏ ÝÞÏÊ ÚÞáì
    ÇÍíÇäÇ ÊÊÛá Úáß ÇáÚÇØÝå æÎÕæÕÇ ÇáÛÖÈ æÝì åÐå ÇáÍÇáå ÊÝÞÏÐ ÇáÓíØÑå Úáì ÊÕÑÝÇÊß
    ãËÇá
    "Okay, I'll tell you what happened. But first promise that you won't

lose your head."
    ÍÓäÇ ÓÇÎÈÑß ÈãÇ ÍÏË æáßä ÊæÚÏäì Çä áÇ ÊÝÞÏ ÚÞáß
    ÇáÔÎÕ ÇáÐì íÝÞÏ ÚÞáå áÇ íÓÊØíÚ ÇáÊÍßã Ýì ÊÕÑÝÇÊå áÇäå áÇ íÝßÑ ÈåÏæÁ ææÖæÍ
    ãËÇá
    "He lost his head

, so they threw him out of the game."
    áÞÏ ÝÞÏ ÚÞáå æáÐáß ÇÎÑÌæå ãä ÇááÚÈå
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"going against the grain"

You go against the grain when you make life more difficult by acting against the wishes of others. Example: "Why can't you just do it the way everyone else does? Why do you always have to go against the grain?"

Wood grows in a way that makes it easy to cut in one direction (with the grain) and hard to cut in the other direction (against the grain). Example: "I jog at this track every day and there is always that one guy who has to goagainst the grain and run in the opposite direction."

To go against the grain is to do things in a way that is different from what is normal and accepted. Example: "You can't always follow other people in life. Sometimes you need to go against the grain to do the right thing."

ÇáÊÑÌãå
    "going against the grain"
    ÊÚäì åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÚßÓ ÇáÇÊÌÇå
    ÝäÞæá ÇäÊ ÊÐåÈ ÚßÓ ÇáÇÊÌÇå ÚäÏãÇ ÊÞæã ÈÇÝÚÇá ÊÌÚá ÇáÍíÇå ÇÕÚÈ Úä ØÑíÞ ÇáÊÕÑÝ ÚßÓ ãÇ íÝÚáå ÇáÇÎÑíä
    ãËÇá

Why can't you just do it the way everyone else does? Why do you always have to

go against the grain?"
    áãÇÐÇ áÇ ÊÞÚá åÐÇ ÇáÚãá ãËáãÇ íÝÚáå Çì ÔÎÕ ÇÎÑ¿áãÇÐÇ ÊÑíÏ ÏÇÆãÇ Çä Êßæä ÚßÓ ÇáÇÎÑæä

ãËÇá Úáì Ðáß Çä ÇáÇÎÔÇÈ Êäãæ Ýì ÇÊÌÇå æÇÍÏå ÈØÑíÞå ÊÓåá Úáíß ÚãáíÉ ÞØÚåÇ íßæä ãä ÇáÕÚÈ Çä ÊÞæã ÈÞØÚåÇ ÈÚßÓ åÐå ÇáÇÊÌÇå
    ãËÇá
    "I jog at this track every day and there is always that one guy who has to

go against the grain and run in the opposite direction."
    ÇäÇ ÇÌÑì Ýì åÐÇ ÇáÊÑÇß ßá íæã æÏÇÆãÇ ÇÌÏ ÔÎÕ ãÇ íÌÑì Ýì ÇáÇÊÌÇå ÇáãÚÇßÓ
    Çä Êßæä ÚßÓ ÇáÇÊÌÇå åæ Çä ÊÝÚá ÇÔíÇÁ ÈØÑíÞå Êßæä ÇÕÚÈ ãä ÇáØÑíÞå ÇáÚÇÏíå ÇáãÚÑæÝå
    ãËÇá
    You can't always follow other people in life. Sometimes you need to

go against the grain to do the right thing."
    áÇ íãßäß ÏÇÆãÇ Çä ÊÊÈÚ ÇáÇÎÑæä Ýì ÇáÍíÇå ÝÇÍíÇäÇ íÌÈ Çä Êßæä ÚßÓ ÇáÇÊÌÇå áÊÝÚá ÇáÔíÁ ÇáÕÍíÍ

Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

truer words were never spoken"

You say Truer words were never spoken when you strongly agree with what the other person has just said. Example: "I find that the earlier I get up, the better the day I have." Reply: "Truer words were never spoken. The morning hours are definitely the best hours of the day."

Truer words were never spoken is often used as a single sentence response to support the other person, showing how strongly you agree. Example: "This is the best cake I have eaten in years!" Reply: "Truer words were never spoken."

When someone says something that you find to be very true and which applies in many different situations, you can say, "Truer words were never spoken." Example: "You are lucky to have such a wonderful wife." Reply: "Truer words were never spoken."

ÇáÊÑÌãå

truer words were never spoken"

ÊÞÇá ÏÇÆãÇ åÐå ÇáÌãáå ááÊÚÈíÑ Úä ãæÇÝÞÊß Úä ãÇ ÞÇáå ÔÎÕ ãÇ ãä ÞÈá
    Çæ ááÊÕÏíÞ Úáì ãÞæáå ÞíáÊ Ýì ÇáÓáÝ
    ãËÇá
    I find that the earlier I get up, the better the day I have
    áÞÏ ÇßÊÔÝÊ Çäå ÇÐÇ ÕÍíÊ ÈÏÑì íßæä íæãì ÇÝÖá
    ÇáÌæÇÈ íßæä

Truer words were never spoken. The morning hours are definitely the best hours of the day

Çì Çäå íæÇÝÞ ÚãÇ ÞÇáå ÇáÓÇÈÞ ÈÊÇßíÏå ÈåÐå ÇáÌãáå
    ÊÞÇá ÇíÖÇ åÐå ÇáÌãáå ßÇÌÇÈå Úáì ßáÇã ÔÎÕ ãÇ ÈÏÚã ãæÞÝå
    Çæ ÇäåÇ ÊæÇÝÞ æÊÏÚã ßáÇã ÇáÇÎÑíä
    ãËÇá
    This is the best cake I have eaten in years
    íÞæá ÔÎÕ Çä åÐå ÇÝÖá ßíß ÇßáÊå ãäÐ Óäíä
    ÝíÑÏ Úáíå ÔÎÕ ÇÎÑ ÈåÐå ÇáÌãáå áíÄßÏ ßáÇãå æíÏÚãå
    Truer words were never spoken

ÚäÏãÇ íÞæá ÔÎÕ ãÇ ÇÔíÇÁ ÇäÊ ÊÄãä ÈÇäåÇ ÍÞíÞíå ÝÇääÇ äÓÊÎÏã åÐå ÇáÌãáå ááÑÏ Úáíå
    ãËÇá
    "You are lucky to have such a wonderful wife."
    ÇäÊ ãÍÙæÙ ÌÏÇ áÇäß ÍÙíÊ ÈãËá åÐå ÇáÒæÌå
    ÇáÑÏ íßæä

Truer words were never spoken

ÇáÑÏ ÈåÐå ÇáÌãáå íßæä ãÚäÇå Çäß ãæÇÝÞ Úä ãÇ ÞÇáå ÇáÔÎÕ ÇáÐì ÊÍÏË ÞÈáß
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"nose out of joint"

Your "nose is out of joint" when the look on your face and the way you act shows other people that you are upset. Example: "What's äÞÑå áÊßÈíÑ Ãæ ÊÕÛíÑ ÇáÕæÑÉ æäÞÑÊíä áÚÑÖ ÇáÕæÑÉ Ýí ÕÝÍÉ ãÓÊÞáÉ ÈÍÌãåÇ ÇáØÈíÚíong with him?" Answer: "His nose is out of joint because we forgot to invite him to the party." Although a nose cannot actually be "out of joint", the way a finger or an arm comes out of joint, a person who is upset may have a strange look on their face until they recover. Example: "What happened was an accident; there is no reason for you to have your nose out of joint." Another example: "We were only joking; don't get your nose out of joint

ÇáÊÑÌãå
    "

nose out of joint"
    åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÊÚØì ãÚäì ÛÇÖÈ ÌÏÇ
    ÊÞÇá åÐå ÇáÌãáå Ííä ÊÑíÏ ÇáÞæá ÈÇä ÔÎÕ ãÇ ãäÒÚÌ ÌÏÇ æãÊÖÇíÞ
    Çæ ÈÇáãÚäì ÇáÚÑÈì (ÑæÍå Ýì ãäÎíÑå)
    ãËÇá
    What's äÞÑå áÊßÈíÑ Ãæ ÊÕÛíÑ ÇáÕæÑÉ æäÞÑÊíä áÚÑÖ ÇáÕæÑÉ Ýí ÕÝÍÉ ãÓÊÞáÉ ÈÍÌãåÇ ÇáØÈíÚíong with him

?"

ãÇÐÇ Èå¿
    ÇáÇÌÇÈå
    His nose is out of joint

because we forgot to invite him to the party."

Çäå ãÊÖÇíÞ ÌÏÇ(ÑæÍå Ýì ãäÎíÑå ) áÇääÇ äÓíäÇ Çä äÏÚæå Úáì ÇáÍÝáå
    ãËÇá ÇÎÑ
    What happened was an accident; there is no reason for you to have your

nose out of joint

Çä ãÇ ÍÏË ßÇä ÍÇÏËÇ æáÇ íæÌÏ ÓÈÈ áåÐÇ ÇáÖíÞ Çæ (Çä Êßæä ÑæÍß Ýì ãäÎíÑß)
    ãËÇá ÇÎÑ
    We were only joking; don't get your

nose out of joint

äÍä ßäÇ äãÒÍ áÇ ÏÇÚì áÇä ÊÊÖÇíÞ
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"the pot calling the kettle black"

You are the pot calling the kettle black when you point to another person and accuse that person of doing something that you are guilty of doing yourself. Example: "You are accusing me of being lazy? Ha! That's the pot calling the kettle black!"

"The pot" (for cooking) and "the kettle" (for boiling water) sit on the stove over the fire and become black from the flames. Example: "I'm tired of you always wearing my clothing!" Answer: "Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You're wearing my pants right now!"

The pot and the kettle are like old friends who have turned black with time; the pot only sees the blackness which is on the kettle; he doesn't see the black on himself. Example: "Here comes the guy who is always late for work." Answer: "Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You are usually the last person to show up!"
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    the pot calling the kettle black"
    ÊÞÇá åÐå ÇáÌãáå Úáì ÇáÔÎÕ ÇáÐì íÊåã ÛíÑå ÈÇÑÊßÇÈ ÔíÁ ÎÇØÆå æåæ äÝÓå íÚãá åÐÇ ÇáÎØÃ

ãËÇá
    You are accusing me of being lazy
    ÇäÊ ãÊåã ÈÇáßÓá
    ÇáÇÌÇÈå
    Ha! That's the pot calling the kettle black!"
    ÇáÑÏ ÈåÐå ÇáÌãáå íÚäì ÇáÓÎÑíå æÇáÞæá ÈÇäß ÊÝÚá ãÇ ÊÊåãäì ÈÝÚáå
    ÏáÇáå åÐå ÇáßáãÇÊ ãä Çä ÇáÍáå æÇáÛáÇíå ßáÇåãÇ íæÖÚ Úáì ÇáäÇÑ æíÊÍæá áæäåã Çáì ÇáÇÓæÏ ÝßáÇåãÇ ãËá ÈÚÖ
    ãËÇá
    I'm tired of you always wearing my clothing
    áÞÏ ÓÆãÊ ãä ÇÑÊÏÇÆß áãáÇÈÓì
    Ýíßæä ÇáÑÏ
    Aren't you the pot calling the kettle blackYou're wearing my pants right now

!" "ÇáÑÏ ÈåÐå ÇáÌãáå íÚäì Çäß ÊÚÇíÑäì ÈÇäì ÇÑÊÏì ãáÇÈÓß æÇäÊ äÝÓß ÊÑÊÏì ÈäØáæäì ÇáÇä
    ãËÇá ÇÎÑ

Here comes the guy who is always late for work."
    åÇ ÞÏ ÌÇÁ ãä íÊÇÎÑ ÏÇÆãÇ

ÝíÑÏ ÔÎÕ ÇÎÑ ÝíÞæá
    Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You are usually the last person to show up!"

Çì Çäå áÇ ÊÚÇíÈ Úáíå ÝÇäÊ ÇíÖÇ ÇÎÑ ÔÎÕ íÇÊì åäÇ
    Still As years ,,,!

ÕÝÍÉ 2 ãä 4 ÇáÃæáìÇáÃæáì 1234 ÇáÃÎíÑÉÇáÃÎíÑÉ

ãÚáæãÇÊ ÇáãæÖæÚ

ÇáÃÚÖÇÁ ÇáÐíä íÔÇåÏæä åÐÇ ÇáãæÖæÚ

ÇáÐíä íÔÇåÏæä ÇáãæÖæÚ ÇáÂä: 1 (0 ãä ÇáÃÚÖÇÁ æ 1 ÒÇÆÑ)

ÇáãæÇÖíÚ ÇáãÊÔÇÈåå

1. ØÞÇÇÇÞå ÇäÌáíÒíå ÛíííííííííííÑ
    ÈæÇÓØÉ ÔãæÚ áÇÊäØÝìÁ Ýí ÇáãäÊÏì :: ãäÊÏì ÇáãÚÇÌã æÇááÛÇÊ ::
    ãÔÇÑßÇÊ: 3
    ÂÎÑ ãÔÇÑßÉ: 15 -08- 2009, 02:50 AM
  2. ãÕØáÍÇÊ ÇäÌáíÒíå ãÚ ÇáÊÑÌãå 2
    ÈæÇÓØÉ ãÇÌÏ ÇáÍÏÇÏí Ýí ÇáãäÊÏì :: ãäÊÏì ÇáãÚÇÌã æÇááÛÇÊ ::
    ãÔÇÑßÇÊ: 22
    ÂÎÑ ãÔÇÑßÉ: 13 -05- 2009, 08:01 PM
  3. ÞÕíÏå ![ The Greatest Pain in Life ]!<<ãÚ ÇáÊÑÌãå
    ÈæÇÓØÉ ãÇÌÏ ÇáÍÏÇÏí Ýí ÇáãäÊÏì :: ãäÊÏì ÇáãÚÇÌã æÇááÛÇÊ ::
    ãÔÇÑßÇÊ: 2
    ÂÎÑ ãÔÇÑßÉ: 14 -11- 2008, 05:21 AM
  4. Ìãá ÇÚÌÈÊäí ÈÇáÇäÌáíÒí ãÚ ÇáÊÑÌãå ...
    ÈæÇÓØÉ ãÌäæä ÌÇÒÇä Ýí ÇáãäÊÏì :: ÇáãäÊÏì ÇáÚÜÜÜÜÜÜÇã ::
    ãÔÇÑßÇÊ: 3
    ÂÎÑ ãÔÇÑßÉ: 07 -05- 2007, 09:30 AM
  5. áÖÛØ ÇáÇÝáÇã æäÓÎåÇ æÇÏÎÇá ÇáÊÑÌãå æÇáãÒíÏ ãä ÇáÇÚãÇá
    ÈæÇÓØÉ ãäÕæÑÇÈæØÇáÈ Ýí ÇáãäÊÏì :: ãäÊÏì ÇáÏÚã ÇáÝäí æÇáÈÑÇãÌ ÇáãÔÑæÍÉ::
    ãÔÇÑßÇÊ: 6
    ÂÎÑ ãÔÇÑßÉ: 06 -01- 2007, 10:45 AM

ÖæÇÈØ ÇáãÔÇÑßÉ

• áÇ ÊÓÊØíÚ ÅÖÇÝÉ ãæÇÖíÚ ÌÏíÏÉ
  • áÇ ÊÓÊØíÚ ÇáÑÏ Úáì ÇáãæÇÖíÚ
  • áÇ ÊÓÊØíÚ ÅÑÝÇÞ ãáÝÇÊ
  • áÇ ÊÓÊØíÚ ÊÚÏíá ãÔÇÑßÇÊß